In a time of huge environmental and societal challenges, it is important to take an active role and make responsible decisions when it comes to the environment and people. VELA takes responsibility by complying with the 10 principles outlined in the United Nations Global Compact. The UN Global Compact serves as an overall framework for our CSR policy:
VELA develops and markets groundbreaking solutions for people’s seating requirements. VELA runs its business with consideration for people’s comfort and wellbeing. As a natural effect of taking people into consideration, ethics and morals are a high priority for us.
VELA not only strives to work within the guidelines below but places similar demands on suppliers and partners.
Vermund Larsen A/S
- Support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights
- Make sure we are not complicit in human rights abuses
- Uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining
- Support the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour
- Support the effective abolition of child labour
- Support the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation
- Support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges
- Undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility
- Encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies
- Work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.